Height: 5'11 1/3"
Weight: 205 lbs.
- Moved to safety from nickelback/“Bear” in 2013
- First-team AFCA All-American (2013)
- First-team All-Big 12 (2013)
- Honorable Mention All-Big 12 (2011, 2012)
- 2013 stats: 81 tackles, two TFL, one INT, one forced fumble and six Passes Broken Up
Senior Bowl Notes
- Dixon accepted an invitation to play in the 2014 Senior Bowl in Mobile.
- The former Bear looked like a fish out of water in coverage throughout the week. Wyoming WR Robert Herron turned him around on a double move early in the week during 1-on-1s. Then again, Herron did that to everyone he faced.
- Against tight ends, Dixon fared a little better and he competed hard against every WR/TE he faced. But, it became clear that he's limited in coverage, even though he hits like a mack truck.
- Dixon finished Saturday's game with four tackles for the North squad.
Although Dixon had a tremendous season at safety for the Bears, it was his first year at that position. He flipped positions with Sam Holl and moved from nickelbacker to safety. From a playing style standpoint, not much was different. He was active vs. the run, lit guys up across the middle but showed better than expected coverage skills in a pass happy Big 12
He's an unrelenting hitter in the secondary and that's not always a good thing. He plays out of control to a point where he can be a detriment on the field. He's confident, almost to a fault, but the Senior Bowl will be a major test as to whether he can show the range to play in the middle of the field. He may also show that he can only excel as a "box safety".