Height: 5'10 1/4"
Weight: 191 lbs.
School: Northern Illinois
- Jim Thorpe Award Semi-finalist - nation's top defensive back (2013)
- 2x First-team All-MAC (2012, 2013)
- Second-team All-MAC (2011)
- Led the team with 77 tackles
- 2013 stats: 77 tackles, seven INT, one sack and 2.5 TFL
Senior Bowl Notes
- Ward, a Mobile native, accepted an invitation to play in the 2014 Senior Bowl in his hometown
- A group of Mobile, AL area elementary kids started a “JIM-MIE WARD” chant for homeboy Ward. After a wonderful career as a Husky after leaving the south, He was definitely a player to watch. He’s not disappointed in the slightest. He’s comfortable in coverage, tracking slot receivers as any safety in Mobile. He plays with range in the middle of the field in coverage in cover one/three. He had another solid day on Tuesday.
- Ward hrew a blanket over tight ends in 1-on-1 coverage today, which was no surprise. He lived up to every expectation this week in Mobile and that’s with added pressure playing in his hometown on such an important stage. In half field coverage drills, he showed the ability to get off his hash playing a half field safety. He showed the range to get to the back corner of the end zone for deep corner routes, in addition to his solid 1-on-1 coverage.