Weight: 197 lbs.
School: Florida State
- First-team All-ACC (2013)
- First-team All-American (2013)
- 28 consecutive starts, 14 this year for national champion
- One of the best special teams players in the ACC & nation
- 2013 stats: 56 tackles, 1 sack, 8 TFL, 2 INT
Senior Bowl Notes
- Brooks accepted an invitation to play in the 2014 Senior Bowl in Mobile
- The former FSU star had a solid, if not steady, week in Mobile. That said, his FSU game tape will more than speak for itself.
Brooks started at safety for the past two years and was one of the senior leaders on a national champion defense. Overshadowed throughout his career by other members of the 2010 signing class, Brooks was nothing, if not, steady. Beyond that, he does a little bit of everything. His numbers bore that out in 2013 as he finished with numbers in nearly every column on the stat sheet.
The Senior Bowl will be a great opportunity for Brooks to show that he has the athleticism and the range to be a middle-of-the-field defender and that he'll excel, if nothing else, on special teams from day one.