Weight: 246 lbs.
- Ted Hendricks Award Semi-finalist – nation’s best defensive end (2013)
- Honorable mention All-American (2013)
- First-team All-SEC (2013)
- Had three multiple sack games in 2013, one in 2012
- 2013 stats: 29 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 14.5 TFL and 17 QB Hurries (in only 12 games)
Senior Bowl Notes
- Ford accepted an invitation to play in the 2014 Senior Bowl in Mobile.
Ford had a slow start to his season, missing the first two games of the year with a knee injury. However, like his team did in College Station, Ford kick started his season during the TexasA&M game when he faced top tackles Jake Matthews and Cedric Ogbuehi.
He displayed a mix of power, quickness, toughness and play making skills against the Aggie duo. In the National Championship game, he showed his quickness and burst on a couple of inside moves and, generally, created mayhem for FSU’s solid tackles. I think his size may keep him from being completely 4-3/3-4 scheme versatile, but he can wreck shop in a hurry.
The Senior Bowl is a great stage for him to prove he can rush from 3-point or from a stand up position. If he proves he’s comfortable standing up rushing the QB and dropping in coverage during position drills, he’ll be a coveted asset come May 2014.